Scopes of the research paper
Science, Engineering, Humanities, and Social Science:
- Sciences - Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Computer Science
- Medicine / Health
- Social / Behavioral Studies
- Economics / Business / Financial Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Political science
2023 JYEM/NYCSEF Expo/Presentation
Date and Place for the 2023 JYEM Expo/Presentation Participants
- Place: JCC Kaplen in Tenafly, New Jersey (Taub Auditorium)
- Date/Time: August 13 (Sunday), 10 am ~ 1 pm
- Address: Kaplen JCC on the Palisades, Taub Campus, 411 East Clinton Avenue Tenafly, NJ 07670
- The due date for materials submission: 8/2/2023
- Notification of the participants(for the in-person presentation): 7/27 ~ 8/3/2023, rolling basis, will be notified via individual email
For the next round of review for the selection of in-person participants, we ask that you submit the following materials by email(due date: 8/2/2023). The file formats and notes are as follows:
- Application form (if you did not submit it)
File name: Application_Form_FirstName_LastName.doc(x)
- Formatted paper(if you did not format it properly)
File name: Formatted_Paper_FirstName_LastName.doc(
- Biography with your headshot photo
1. 200 to 500 words(about half a page to a full page)
2. File name: Biography_FirstName_LastName.doc(x)
3. Please insert your headshot photo at the end of your biography.
4. Sample: http://nycsef.org/souza.php
- Project presentation file
1. File name: Presentation_FirstName_LastName.pdf
2. Maximum # of slides: 15
3. Include the word "JYEM Competition" in the first slide.
- Recorded video
1. 7 to 15 minutes of recording
2. Please include the YouTube link in your email. Attaching the video file in the email can take too long for some judges to download and watch it.
3. YouTube video title: JYEM Competition-Video_Presentation_by_FirstName_ LastName
4. Turn off the comments.
5. Sample: http://nycsef.org/souza.php
1. Please include all your acdaemic and other information, including skills and activities.
2. Please include your high school/college name(s) you attend(ed) or will attend in the Education section
3.File name: Resume_FirstName_LastName.pdf
- Poster file
1. Recommended ratio: 48x36 inch(horizontal:48)
2. The printed poster will fit on the typical trifold poster board.
3. File name: Poster_FirstName_LastName.pdf
4. (In-person participants) Please bring your presentation poster as a trifold. Size: 48x36 inch(horizontal:48)
5. (In-person participants) If you are unable to travel with the trifold (e.g., limited space on a plane), bring your presentation poster as a print on fabric or paper. We will provide the trifold board and mounting materials when you arrive.
- Talent Release Form: This consent form will be sent to the selected in-person participants at the expo venue.
Other supporting materials: photos/coding list/photos of key pages from a handwritten notebook.
File name: Supporting Material-1_FirstName_LastName.pdf.
- Photos with captions of your experimental apparatus or equipment.
File name: SupportingMaterial-2_FirstName_LastName.pdf
- Once everything has been completed, your project will be ready for the judges to assess for the expo participants. Grand prize winner, category winners, special awards, and recipients of Amazon eGift cards will be chosen at the in-person presentation expo.
Please bring your presentation poster on board. Your printed poster needs to be affixed to the trifold poster board. Size: 48x36 inch(horizontal:48). We will provide an easel or table.
Dress code: Business formal or semi-formal
- Your poster registration and set-up occur in the Taub Auditorium in JCC between 10:00 am and 10:30 am. There is no registration fee.
Apply for our travel grant: Every year, we award a travel grant to students coming from out of tristate area to help them attend the expo/competition. There are no complicated rules or terms and conditions – you just need to be an in-person participant attending the expo, and be able to tell us why you think you deserve it. We assess it based on multidimensional factors such as the quality of the research paper, supplemental materials as well as your travel distance.
- Some quick tips to help you prepare to present your posster: please check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylYoE_oTi3Y.
Also check photos from our past events at https://jyem.org/photos.php
- We will not be providing food/drink refreshments at this year's expo to abide by the venue's safety regulations.
- Presentation/Judging will happen between 10:30 am and 12:00 pm and the award ceremony follows right after that!
JYEM Expo Timeline (10am~1pm)
||Table or Easel
|| max. 12 min/judge(s)
|| Guests are allowed